- For other uses, see Horker.
Horkers are slow and can easily be outrun. They don't do much damage by themselves, and often live in cooler areas. Horkers will not necessarily attack on sight, though if entering close proximity, they will attack by slashing with their three large tusks. This can be a fatal problem at lower levels if surrounded.
Physiology and battle behavior
Horkers are social creatures, often found in groups of three to five. When approached, horkers will turn to face the Dragonborn and will roar at them until they return to a far enough distance not to alert them. If one is harassed or attacked, the entire group will become aggressive.
Although resilient and fast in deep water, they are slow and easy to avoid on land. This makes them easy targets, especially for ranged attacks. When badly injured, horkers often flee. Although they lie next to cold waters and are quite fleshy, they are not resistant to frost.
Mounted Horker Head
Horker (requires Large Base)
- Horker meat can be made into Horker loaves, Horker Stew, and Horker and Ash Yam Stew.DR
- Although Horkers have three tusks, only one can be looted from them after death.
- A unique, named variant of a Horker can be found on Horker Island, which is larger than normal Horkers and is called Lord Tusk.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Orsinium
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|