This quest involves the Nerevarine locating the Cavern of the Incarnate. It forms the Third Trial of the Seven Visions of the Nerevarine and a significant part of the Main Quest. If speaking to Hort Ledd about his story while being in the cavern, he gives them the book Sithis and his robe.
Greeting "Welcome, Incarnate. I am Hort-Ledd. I was not the one. But I wait and hope. Ask, and I shall tell you my story."
- my story "I died four hundred years ago, in the last days of turmoil and unrest after the Empire came to Morrowind. I was a thinker, and not a doer, and though I was marked by the stars, I was not a hero. Take these things of mine. My bones won't complain."
- my story "I have failed. I was not the one."
- Morrowind "A darkness is on the land, and only you can bring the light."
Background "I am Hort Ledd. I was called to the prophecies, but I was not the one."
- Dunmer "You are the Prophesied One. You must save the Dunmer people."
- my trade "An ancestor has no trade, but to guard and counsel the living kin."
- Nerevarine "You are the Nerevarine. You are the Incarnate. You are the one. You must not fail."
- "The Devil is dead, and the Blight is gone. You are the Nerevarine. You are the Incarnate. You are the one."
- "I wait and hope. Ask, and I shall tell you my story."