When Derkeethus is missing, she admits she misses him. If and when he returns, she will say that she goes swimming with him in the river every now and then.
It appears that she does not like the Stormcloak rebellion, despite her family's support of it.
She mentions an elf named Meieran (which does not appear in the game) in conversations, suggesting that he is quite friendly with her, and that he teaches her many things.
- Sondas Drenim
Hrefna: "Sondas, I've heard about Morrowind."
Sondas: "Oh? What about it?"
Hrefna: "That it was black and gross and nobody wanted to live there anymore."
Sondas: "I'll have to take your word on that one, my dear."
Hrefna: "Do you ever want to go to Morrowind, Sondas?"
Sondas: "I've been in Skyrim my whole life. Why would I want to leave?"
Hrefna: "To see the fires!"
Sondas: "I think I like the lake here just a little more."
Hrefna: "And Meieran thinks we should go there!"
Tormir: "I don't want to hear another word about what you're learning from the elf! It's high time you learned to be a Nord, too!"
Hrefna: "But mama..."
Tormir: "He's a half-decent farmer. Ask him to teach you to farm!"
- "Mom says the Empire is mean, but they don't seem that bad to me."
- "Derkeethus used to take me diving way down deep in the river. I miss him."
- "The Stormcloaks are named after Ulfric. He's a bad man, but don't tell the soldiers I said that."
- "Hi! I've never seen you around here before. Are you a miner too?"
- "Sondas takes care of me when mom's not around."
- Hrefna has no bed, and never sleeps. She can be seen sitting around and walking around the fire all night.
- If her mother and Sondas Drenim are both dead, Hrefna can be adopted from Honorhall Orphanage if Hearthfire is installed.
- If Sondas is married and moves in with the player character, Hrefna will show up at their house periodically.