At first, the house appears to be nothing more than a ruin, with only a few scattered items, a note from Bjornolfr to Hrodulf on the table, and a wooden chest visible. However, a trapdoor, located just right of the chest, leads to the basement, where the Dragonborn can find Hrodulf's Journal and two leveled Reavers. As detailed by the journal, the bookshelf to the left of it can be activated to reveal a secret passage. At the end is a small Dwemer Ruin with a strange Dwarven mechanism, where Hrodulf's lover Bjornolfr lies dead on the floor with a Bloodstained Letter, some scattered gold coins and a Nordic dagger. Dialogue from the Reavers implies that they were the ones who killed him. Hrodulf's body is directly to the south, next to a small rowboat and a Burnt Spriggan. In the boat next to Hrodulf's body, there is a gold diamond ring and an Amulet of Mara.
- Hrodulf's Journal – On a box just next to the bookshelf in the basement.
- East Empire Company Strongbox – On a shelf directly opposite the hatch leading to the downstairs. Contains an East Empire Pendant.
- Unique weightless Torch downstairs on floor.
- There is an empty bottle of Spiced Wine inside the basement of the house.
- Ancient Technology DG – possible location of the Enhanced Crossbow Schematic.
- Ancient Power DG
- Protecting the Bloodline DG
- Lost Relic DG
- Hunting the Monster DG – possible location for leveled Vampire as a target.
- Preemptive Strike DG
- Family Heirloom
- Amulet of the Moon – possible location for Kharjo's Moon Amulet.
- If successfully undetected by the Reavers, you can hear one say, "Do you think he's the one we left in the tunnel?", referring to Bjornolfr. They also make fun of his note on the table.
- There are two Heart Stone deposits southeast of the house.