He beheaded Drengr Bronze-Helm and held his head as a trophy in the middle of the hall. This testament of his strength led him to become the first Chieftain of the Mead Hall. This tradition of electing a chieftain by duel, is set as the standard for the Mead Hall. He died fighting Ondjage, the Fell Wolf.
His rule lasted for 21 years. He lived in the third century of the Third Era, contrary to the claims of some saying he lived in the Second Era. His place of burial along with his axe, Hrothmund's Axe, is in Hrothmund's Barrow.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hrothmund can be spawned as an NPC in Dragonborn with his ID. He will appear without any clothes and have basic dialogue.
- Hrothmund is the name of one of the sons of Hrothgar within the tale, Beowulf, in Anglo-Saxon mythology.
- His spirit is encountered by the Dragonborn in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn.
- The Nerevarine also enters Hrothmund's Barrow in The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon.
- His axe cannot be obtained.