I Done Got Thaned! is a quest available in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Dragonborn can gain the title of Thane of the Rift by assisting the people of the Rift and stopping an illegal Skooma operation.
- Befriend the Jarl of the Rift
- Assist five citizens of the Rift
- Stop the Skooma trade
- Purchase Honeyside
- Return to the Jarl
Speak to the Argonian named Wujeeta in the fishery on the docks outside the city. Give her the Potion of Healing that she asks for, then ask her about her skooma dealer. Speak to the Jarl to begin the quest "The Raid."
Five people in the hold must be assisted in order to become a Thane. Completing both of the two quests associated with stopping the Skooma trade in the Rift count towards this. When enough citizens have been helped, a new miscellaneous quest will appear, named "Speak to the Jarl of Riften." Before the title can be accepted, Honeyside must be purchased (normally 8,000 , it can be purchased with only 5,000).
There are several easy ways to assist the people of the Rift:
|Addvild||Gather Wheat||Snow-Shod Farm||Gather crops for Addvild.|
|Alessandra||Pilgrimage||Hall of the Dead||Bring Alessandra's Dagger to Andurs in Whiterun.|
|Avrusa Sarethi||Gather Wheat||Sarethi Farm||Gather crops for Avrusa Sarethi.|
|Avrusa Sarethi||Smooth Jazbay||Sarethi Farm||Collect 20 Jazbay Grapes.|
|Balimund||Stoking the Flames||Riften||Bring 10 fire salts to Balimund.|
|Bolli||Special Delivery||Riften/Markarth||Deliver the purchase agreement to Kleppr in Markarth.|
|Boti||Gather Wheat||Fellstar Farm||Gather crops for Boti.|
|Brand-Shei||Distant Memories||Riften/Wreck of The Pride of Tel Vos||Locate a clue about Brand-Shei's past.|
|Dinya Balu||Spread the Love||Temple of Mara||Distribute the Warmth of Mara within Riften.|
|Dravin Llanith||Bow to the Master||Merryfair Farm||Recover a bow stolen from Dravin Llanith.|
|Edda||Quest all Beggars Have||Riften||Give a gold coin to Edda.|
|Filnjar||Mine or Yours||Shor's Stone||Clear Redbelly Mine of spiders.|
|Grogmar gro-Burzag||Mine Ore||Shor's Stone||Gather some iron ore for Grogmar gro-Burzag.|
|Grosta||Chop Wood||Heartwood Mill||Gather wood for Grosta.|
|Grosta||Flight or Fight||Heartwood Mill||Find out what hapanned to Grosta's husband.|
|Hafjorg||Truth Ore Consequences||Elgrim's Elixirs||Obtain Ore Sample from Filnjar.|
|Harrald||Bring It!||Riften||Pick up Harrald's Sword from Balimund.|
|Hofgrir Horse-Crusher||Fight! Fight!||Riften Stables||Beat Hofgrir Horse-Crusher in a brawl.|
|Ingun Black-Briar||Few and Far Between||Elgrim's Elixirs||Bring 20 nirnroot, 20 deathbell and 20 nightshade to Ingun Black-Briar.|
|Klimmek||Climb The Steps||Ivarstead||Deliver supplies to High Hrothgar for Klimmek.|
|Laila Law-Giver or
|Supply and Demand||Mistveil Keep||Clear out Cragslane Cavern.|
|Madesi||Ringmaker||Riften||Bring 2 flawless sapphires, a Mammoth Tusk and Gold Ore to Madesi.|
|Maramal||The Bonds of Matrimony||Temple of Mara||Find somebody in Skyrim to marry.|
|Marise Aravel||Ice Cold||Riften||Bring 5 ice wraith teeth to Marise Aravel.|
|Maven Black-Briar||Vald's Debt||Riften||Find the Quill of Gemination.|
|Mjoll the Lioness||Grimsever's Return||Riften/Mzinchaleft||Retrieve Grimsever for Mjoll the Lioness.|
|Narfi||Quest all Beggars Have||Ivarstead||Give a gold coin to Narfi.|
|Narfi||The Straw that Broke||Ivarstead||Find out what happened to Narfi's sister.|
|Romlyn Dreth||Under the Table||Black-Briar Meadery||Deliver Mead to Wilhelm.|
|Shadr||Stabilized||Riften||Speak to Sapphire about Shadr's debt.|
|Synda Llanith||Gather Wheat||Merryfair Farm||Gather crops for Synda Llanith.|
|Sibbi Black-Briar||The Lover's Requital||Riften Jail||Help Sibbi Black-Briar find his ex-fiancée Svidi.|
|Snilf||Quest all Beggars Have||Riften||Give a gold coin to Snilf.|
|Svana Far-Shield||Caught Red Handed||Riften||Bring 3 marks of Dibella to Svana Far-Shield.|
|Sylgja||Special Delivery||Shor's Stone/Darkwater Crossing||Deliver a satchel to Verner Rock-Chucker.|
|Temba Wide-Arm||Chop Wood||Ivarstead||Gather wood for Temba Wide-Arm.|
|Temba Wide-Arm||Grin and Bear It||Ivarstead||Bring Temba Wide-Arm ten bear pelts.|
|Vekel the Man||Toying With The Dead||The Ragged Flagon||Bring Arondil's journals to Vekel. (Must be a member of the Thieves Guild)|
|Wilhelm||Lifting the Shroud||Vilemyr Inn||Investigate the haunting at Shroud Hearth Barrow.|
|Wujeeta||Skooma Trade||Riften||Help Wujeeta cure her addiction to skooma.|
|Wujeeta||The Raid||Riften||Identify Riften's skooma dealer.|
|Wylandriah||Hunt and Gather||Mistveil Keep/Fellstar Farm/The Frozen Hearth/The White Phial||Find Wylandriah's spoon, soul gem and ingot.|
|I Done Got Thaned! – FreeformRiftenThane|
- While the quest is listed under "I Done Got Thaned" in the Creation Kit, the Official Game Guide refers to it as "Thane of the Rift."
- This particular Thane quest is the only one with such a colloquial name; the others are more relevant to their respective Holds.
- If Maven becomes the Jarl of Riften, the Last Dragonborn loses the ability to become Thane as she says that they are trying to steal her throne, unless the Dragonborn has high level of alliance with her.
This section contains bugs related to I Done Got Thaned!. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Return to the Jarl of Riften or Speak to the Jarl of Riften may be unable to be completed after purchasing and upgrading Honeyside. Jarl will have no option to name the Dragonborn a Thane. The only apparent way to avoid this is to speak to the Jarl after purchasing Honeyside but before visiting it.
- After completing the quest "The Raid" in Riften for the Jarl, a miscellaneous quest indicates to return and speak to her. When done, the next step is to buy Honeyside from her steward. If Honeyside is visited immediately after purchasing it, and then the Dragonborn tries speaking with the Jarl, the quest to return to the Jarl of Riften remains in the quest log and the dialogue to become a Thane never triggers.
- console command
Player.setstage FreeformRiftenThane 200may solve the problem.
- After waiting for a while and returning to her, the option to become a Thane appears.
- console command
- An enchanted iron weapon may be received instead of the Blade of the Rift.
- If the Civil War is completed by siding with the Imperials, the Dragonborn will be granted the ability to receive the house immediately, but will be unable to become a Thane and reap the benefits, as the topic of becoming a Thane never appears.
- Exception: It will appear if the Dragonborn's relationship status with Maven is high enough. However, this requires not only completing the thieves guild quest line and interacting positively with her. The Dragonborn will also have to complete the quest "Vald's Debt."
- If the above fails, PC users can use the console and enter:
setstage FreeformRiftenThane 10
The quest should progress normally from there.
- If the Dragonborn obtains any of the quests listed above for Riften and does not complete one of them (i.e. it is still listed on the journal), but completes 3 alternative quests, the option to purchase a house will not appear.
- A solution is to complete the outstanding quest(s).