New Pokemon Games - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- For other uses, see Ice Wraith.
- Ice wraiths fight with high-damage, frost-based melee attacks, and because of this, are quite tough. More importantly, they are very agile; they may not be incredibly fast when closing in at the Dragonborn, but they move through the air with slithering motions that makes them generally difficult to hit at range, and once they enter melee they are incredibly evasive. They slither in and out of reach with fearsome unpredictability, striking fast and then withdrawing out of reach again. This makes them almost as difficult to hit in melee as in range. At close range, however, the constant stream of fire from the novice spell Flames works particularly well against them, as one's aim can be readily adjusted to compensate for the wraiths' swift movements.
- As they are frost-based creatures, they will usually only appear in cold and snowy places. They can thus be very difficult to see (depending on the light) due to their transparency and frosty glow. This can make them even more difficult to hit. They are generally most difficult to make out when viewed against a snowy background on a bright day, but are usually easier to spot at night, when they will glow more than the snow around them.
- Due to their nature, they are immune to frost damage, but weak against fire-based attacks.
- Ice wraiths sometimes hide in the snow, and will ambush if given the opportunity, however they can be seen using Aura Whisper or Detect Life.
- The Midden (which is below the College of Winterhold)
- The Serpent Stone
- Throat of the World (At low levels, ice wolves and wolves will be present instead)
- Near Pinefrost Tower
- Hag's End (summoned by a hagraven boss)
- Bonechill Passage
- Shalidor's Maze (in Labyrinthian)
- Weynon Stones
- The ice-covered areas of SolstheimDR
- The ice Wraith is also able to be encountered randomly mostly in snowy areas due to its nature.
- Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon (down the stairs near the rock with the flag)
- Forsaken Cave
- Greywater Grotto
- The Dragonborn must defeat an ice wraith on the island of the Serpent Stone to be initiated into the Stormcloaks.
- Marise Aravel requires 5 Ice Wraith Teeth to keep her produce fresh.
- It is possible to contract the Witbane disease from ice Wraiths.
- The Wispmother claims that ice wraiths are in fact not creatures at all, stating that they are actually elemental manifestations rising out of Nirn itself.
- In a conversation with Marise Aravel, as well as in the Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: Skyrim, it is discovered that Nords usually hunt ice wraiths for initiation rituals to claim to full status as citizens of Skyrim.
- Even though ice Wraiths float above the ground, they still can sustain fall damage when knocked to the ground from a height. This can be seen at Hag's End if they fall off the ledge at the end of the level, or if blown off a mountain side by Unrelenting Force.
- Magic Anomalies share the same sounds, attack damage, and combat behavior as ice Wraiths.
- Ice Wraiths cast a weaker version of the Wall of Frost spell below their bodies when approaching enemies and in combat, though not when fleeing.
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|