- This article refers to the district. For the palace building, see Elder Council Chambers.
The Imperial City Palace, also known as the Imperial City, Green Emperor Way or the White-Gold Tower, is the district in the center of Imperial City and holds the palace building. Fly Amanita can be found growing here in abundance.
Green Emperor Way is filled with tombstones and mausoleums. The tower itself has six floors, going upwards they are the basement, two Elder Council floors, the Imperial Palace Guards' Quarters, the Elder Scrolls Library, the Blind Moth Monks' Quarters and the Imperial Battlemages' Quarters (High Chancellor Ocato).
However the highest a normal visitor can go is the second floor of the Elder Council floors. The next door is locked and there is no key to get through. The remaining floors are only accessible in the Thieves Guild quest "The Ultimate Heist."
The only way to actually get through to these floors is to enter a passage called the old way. This is located in the Imperial Sewers. One can also use console commands to unlock the doors, but this can become very complicated because the guards will attack when one enters restricted areas.
Point of interestEdit
- Outside, Green Emperor Way can be located, which includes the Tomb of Prince Camarril. This tomb lights the path to the Mythic Dawn hidden fortress.
- During Unfriendly Competition, the Hero kills two grave robbers in the Trentius Family Mausoleum, located in the Green Emperor Way.
- The Imperial Palace appeared in The Elder Scrolls: Arena as well, but had a much more different design.
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Imperial Palace is present in the game. The tower cannot be traveled to or visited, but can be seen when at a high enough elevation, such as during "The Break of Dawn." Dexion Evicus mentioned it was damaged by the Aldmeri Dominion, and that its library of Elder Scrolls had vanished.