Imperial Light Armor is a set of light armor worn by the vast majority of the Imperial Legion. It is one of the earliest forms of armor available to the Dragonborn, given by Hadvar if he is followed, and lootable from the corpses Imperial soldiers at Helgen during the quest "Unbound."
Locations[edit | edit source]
Fixed locations[edit | edit source]
- From the corpses of soldiers in Helgen during the quest Unbound.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
Variant[edit | edit source]
A variant of the armor piece, called Studded Imperial Armor is available. It replaces the leather collar around the neck and on the back with chainmail. It grants the same level of protection as the regular piece but it cannot be improved at a workbench due to a bug. One can be obtained from Beirand if the medium armor is chosen after joining the Imperials.
Attributes by piece[edit | edit source]
|Imperial Light Armor||23||6||75||00013ED9|
|Imperial Light Boots||6||2||15||00013ED7|
|Imperial Light Bracers||6||1||15||00013EDA|
|Imperial Light Helmet||11||2||35||00013EDB|
|Imperial Light Shield||19||4||40||00013AB2|
|Total (with shield)||68||15||180||–|
|Total (without shield)||49||11||140||–|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Studded Imperial Armor is a combination of leather and chain mail, resembling Late Roman Legionary Lorica Hamata.
- If an Imperial-affiliated guard is spoken to while wearing the full armor set, they will say that the Dragonborn looks like an Imperial scout.
- Stormcloak Soldiers and affiliated Hold Guards may confront the Dragonborn wearing a full set of Legion armor, stating, "You got a lot of nerve, coming here, dressed like an Imperial Legionnaire". If the Dragonborn replies with "I'm loyal to the Empire and I don't care who knows!" the soldier will make a reminder that a war is going on and attack the Dragonborn along with any nearby allies.
- Imperial Soldiers in camps may complain to each other that their armor is too heavy, although they typically wear this armor rather than the heavy Imperial Armor. Additionally, Stormcloak soldiers may sometimes say Legion soldiers gleam like snow and and clank like a kitchen, even though more Imperials tend to wear this armor.