Physical appearance[edit | edit source]
It is similar in appearance to the standard version, but has a prominent metal plume across the top and the insignia of the Empire stamped on the front.
Locations[edit | edit source]
The helmet cannot be found as random loot, however it can be found in certain locations:
- Helgen Keep – The female Imperial Captain wears one that can be obtained if Ralof is followed during Unbound. If Hadvar is followed instead, she will never be seen again.
- The Ratway Warrens – In Salvianus' room on his table.
- Alftand – In Sulla Trebatius' pack.
- The Katariah – In the first room on the left. The ship only appears during the Dark Brotherhood quest "Hail Sithis!"
- Worn by a randomly encountered Scavenger.
- Fort Greymoor – On a table near the forge. Available by completing the Battle for Whiterun for the Imperial Legion. Also available by clearing out all bandits stationed there and returning in a couple days.
- Fort Greenwall – Several helmets in the barracks. Only available by completing The Battle for Fort Greenwall for the Imperial Legion or trading the Rift for The Reach in "Season Unending."
- Kilkreath Ruins – Beside one of the corpses as you enter the ruin. Only available during the quest "The Break of Dawn."
- Can be found on Bandits posing as Imperial Soldiers during a Random Encounter.
- Legate Rikke equips one after joining the Legion and meeting her outside Korvanjund in "The Jagged Crown." If the Dragonborn chooses to switch sides to the Stormcloaks at that point, she may either still be wearing it when confronting her in Castle Dour during "Battle for Solitude," allowing it to be looted off her corpse or from her coffin in the Solitude Catacombs later on, or taken it off, making it unobtainable.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite becoming a Legate in the main questline for the Imperial Legion, this helmet is not awarded in accordance with the new rank.
- Oddly, despite the Imperial Officer's Helmet being better than the regular Imperial Helmet in terms of base armor rating and weight, it has less value than the regular variant.
- Imperial Officers do not wear the helmet, despite its name.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Imperial Officer's Helmet. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The helmet has been known to cause the screen to momentarily flash white when jumping in first person.