Iron arrows have wooden shafts, iron arrowheads and red fletchings. The quiver is made from crude leather.
- These arrows can be found on most enemies, including bandits.
- They can also be found in most dungeons, caves, and in chests.
- Weapons merchants sell them.
- Iron arrows are the earliest arrows encountered in Skyrim. If the Dragonborn follows Hadvar at the start, they will find their first set of iron arrows on a Stormcloak Soldier. If they side with Ralof, they will find their first set on an Imperial Archer.
This section contains bugs related to Iron Arrow (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Iron arrows may frequently pass through enemies without hitting them, even at point blank range where no miss can be mistaken as a bug. The enemies can be hit normally however if they detect the player character, and this occurs with no other arrow type.
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire, placing iron arrows in the Dragonborn's house's cupboard may render them unable to be retrieved, causing them to be stuck in the cupboard. This does not seem to happen with other arrow types.