The Iron Dagger is a one-handed weapon that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is one of the most common weapons available throughout Skyrim, and among the first weapons to which the Dragonborn has access. A large amount of Skyrim's civilian population wield iron daggers.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Both enchanted and unenchanted daggers are available throughout Skyrim from level 1. These locations include:
- During the quest "Unbound," one can be acquired from each of the first two Imperials encountered after choosing to follow Ralof.
- Blacksmiths, and general goods merchants.
- Wielded by various characters or enemies.
- Found as random loot in chests, or as a world item throughout Skyrim.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
It can be upgraded with an Iron Ingot at a grindstone; however, it does not benefit from any of the Smithing perks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Whenever something is pinned to a table or wall, such as notes or books, it is usually with an iron dagger.
- Iron daggers can sometimes be found on tables with food, which implies that they might be used to eat with.
- Iron daggers have the weakest base damage of any weapon, other than forks, knives, practice arrows, the wooden sword, and phantom sword.
- A fine iron dagger can be obtained for free very early in the game by talking to Alvor and requesting to work with his forge.
- The Dragonborn can give iron daggers to their children if the Hearthfire DLC is installed.
- The Dragonborn uses an iron dagger in the animation following the activation of a tanning rack.
- To activate the Blood Seal in the quest Alduin's Wall, the Dragonborn cuts their hand with an iron dagger.
- An iron dagger can be found in any area where the Black Sacrament has been performed.