- For other uses, see Iron Ingot.
Iron Ingot is a crafting material found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is used to craft and improve various weapons and armor via Smithing. They are also a component required to build various features of homesteads.
Iron ingots can be used in conjunction with other ingots to craft a large variety of items:
- Iron weapons and armor
- Steel weapons and armor
- Dwarven weapons and armor
- Orcish weapons and armor
- Building materials
Mines that have a large number of iron ore veins include:
- There are five iron ingots outside Alvor and Sigrid's house in Riverwood. If the Dragonborn sides with Hadvar in the quest "Unbound," they can be taken with out any repercussions. They can also be acquired if the player helps Alvor craft an iron dagger and a hide helmet.
- There are eighteen iron ingots in Treva's Watch west of Riften. The first six are in the escape tunnel, six are in the round room at the base of the tower, and the last six are in the Bandit Chief's treasure room.
- There are twenty-seven iron ingots located in the Solitude Blacksmith.
- Along with smelting, they can be bought at general goods merchants and blacksmiths. Furthermore, they can be found on enemies as loot.
- Fourteen ingots can be found in Fort Dawnguard, near where Gunmar's forge is, but only if the Dragonborn sides with the Dawnguard in "Bloodline."
- The Scorched Hammer in Riften has nine in the basement. They are free to take if one invests in Balimund's business.
- Raldbthar, on the table near the wooden stairs.
- Dustman's Cairn, two ingots on the shelf in an "L" shaped path just before the area which has an arcane enchanter.
- Blind Cliff Bastion, in a box near the alchemy lab.
- Iron Ore (1)
- The spell Transmute Mineral Ore can be used to change individual iron ore into silver ore and then gold ore if the spell is used twice.