Items in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, are objects that, once collected, are added to the inventory. Upon collection, items are sorted into specific categories, to help organize them and distinguish them from others.
Item types[edit | edit source]
- Weapons – necessary for defense as well as offense; follow the link for a complete list.
- Apparel – Includes armor, shields, jewelry, and daily clothing.
- Potions – consumable potions that have mostly positive effects on the player and poisons that have mostly negative effects on enemies.
- Scrolls – a magical document that will cast the named spell when activated.
- Food – an item that may be eaten to improve health, magicka, or as an alchemy ingredient.
- Ingredients – items collected mostly from plants and animals for use in creating potions.
- Books – includes most written material.
- Keys – Some eliminate the need to pick locks on the chests in the immediate area.
- Miscellaneous – includes the following:
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.