He lives in the city of Solitude but speaks to the Dragonborn about exploring landmarks around Skyrim — specifically, the city of Windhelm and the ruin Volskygge. Jawanan was drawn to Solitude by Fihada's skills as a fletcher. Jawanan hoped that Fihada would teach him how to become a master fletcher.
Evette San: "You and everyone else. Word is it may not happen this year though."
Jawanan: "Slow, but looking good, sir."
Fihada: "Slow's the only way to do it! Work too hard and you'll warp the wood."
Fihada: "The same place I learned my charm and quick wits; I used to be an Imperial ranger, my boy!"
Jawanan: "Wish I could learn some of that charm. I'm just good with bows, not people."
Fihada: "You'd make a better Imperial ranger than me. I may have charmed the locals, but my fellow soldiers hated my waggling tongue."
- "Ah, yet another new face. I'm from Hammerfell, you see. I can hardly keep track of all the people I've been meeting."
- "Fletching suits me. It's difficult and sometimes tedious, but a well-made arrow strikes forth like the fury of a god."
- "Always good to see a fellow traveler. I hope you found the roads relatively safe, free from dragons at the very least."
- Strangely, speaking to him will not add the Volskygge location to the map.
- If the subtitles are turned on before speaking to him, they will reveal Windhelm spelled as "Wind-Helm."