- Kill the leader of the dungeon
- Tell the steward the bandit leader is dead
These quests can be given either by innkeepers when asked about work or rumors, or any of the Jarls or their steward/stewardess when asked about work. A bounty note will be provided to the Dragonborn identifying the type and location of the bounty.
1 Embershard Mine has no distinct leader.
|Kill the Bandit Leader – Favor104|
This section contains bugs related to Kill the Bandit Leader. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
At least five quests of this kind (Kill the Bandit Leader at Valtheim Towers, Nilheim, Rift Watchtower, Broken Helm Hollow, Winter War and Uttering Hills Cave) are bugged. If the Dragonborn kills the leader before getting the quest, he will not respawn, making the Dragonborn unable to complete the quest. The quest does not have a questmarker either.
- It is possible to complete the quest by resurrecting the Bandit Leader using the console (and then killing him).
setstage BQ01 100. It is possible to skip the current stage by using the command
- Linwe, rendering the quest impossible to finish. This is because prior to activating this quest, one has already completed the quest "Summerset Shadows."
There is a bug with Uttering Hills Cave where the quest marker will lead you to a dead body of
- console command
prid 0007d67athen using the command
ressurectmay bring it alive again, making it possible to be killed and thus completing the quest. Targeting the dead body or using the
- console command
- Sometimes, even when given a quest, the Bandit Leader at Nilheim is nonexistent. This is a glitch on the 360 and PC and does not seem to be level-dependent. The dungeon can be reset with the command
prid c5675followed by
- Dawnguard is installed, the radiant quests by Gunmar to track down and kill a vampire may disrupt acquisition of quests, such as Ahtar's request to kill Captain Hargar. If