These can be given by innkeepers when asked about work/rumors. Any of the Jarls or their steward/stewardess can give these when asked for work. A Bounty Note will be given to the Dragonborn identifying the type and location of the bounty.
The dungeon is randomly determined based on the quest-giver's hold.
- Kill the bandit leader at Broken Oar Grotto
- Kill the bandit leader at Four Skull Lookout
- Kill the bandit leader at Halted Stream Camp
- Kill the bandit leader at Nilheim
- Kill the bandit leader at Redoran's Retreat
- Kill the bandit leader at Rift Watchtower
- Kill the bandit leader at Silent Moons Camp
- Kill the bandit leader at Winter War
- Kill the bandit leader at Valtheim Towers
- Kill the bandit leader at Snowpoint Beacon
- Kill the bandit leader at Embershard Mine
- Kill the bandit leader at Bilegulch Mine
This section contains bugs related to Kill the Bandit Leader. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- At least five quests of this kind (Kill the Bandit Leader at Valtheim Towers, Nilheim, Rift Watchtower, Broken Helm Hollow, Winter War and Uttering Hills Cave) are bugged. If the Dragonborn kills the leader before getting the quest, he won't respawn making the Dragonborn unable to complete the quest. The quest doesn't have a questmarker either.
- It's possible to complete the quest by resurrecting the Bandit Leader using the console (and then killing him).
- It's possible to skip the current stage by using the command [setstage BQ01 100] or [setstage BQ01 100]
- Summerset Shadows quest. There is a bug with Uttering Hills cave where the quest marker will lead you to a room, but there will be no leader and the marker will be just above the floor, as if theres something in or on the floor. This is because prior to activating this quest, one has already completed the
- Sometimes even when given a quest, the Bandit Leader at Nilheim is nonexistent. This is a glitch on the 360 and PC and doesn't seem to be player level related. You can reset the dungeon with the command [prid c5675] followed by disable.