Kings and Queens are rulers of given areas. Generally, they hold the highest seat of power within a province.
- Queen Barenziah, a renowned queen consort.
- King Symmachus, king before Helseth (? - 3E 391) 
- King Athyn Llethan
- King Hlaalu Helseth (3E 391 - ?) 
The Rank of King and Queen is not as prevalent in Skyrim as in many other provinces. as the head of state was a High King or High Queen, and the rulers of the Holds were Jarls. However, there have been several individuals who have been recorded as monarchs of individual city-states throughout the history of Skyrim, The following are individuals who have been recorded as monarchs of individual city-states throughout the history of Skyrim:
- King Cuhlecain of Falkreath (late Second Era) - note: Falkreath was considered to be part of Colovia at this time
- King Mantiarco of Solitude (3E ? - 3E 99)
- Queen Amodetha of Solitude (Late Third Era)
- Wolf Queen Potema Septim of Solitude (3E 81 - 3E 137)
- King Pelagius Septim III of Solitude (3E 137 - 3E 153)
- Queen Jolethe Septim of Solitude (3E 145 - 3E ?)
- King Thian of Solitude (late Third Era)
- Queen Macalla of Dawnstar (late Third Era)
The Rank of King and Queen in High Rock is the second highest rank a person can gain, the highest being High King, who has only been obtained by High King Emeric of Cumberland, who managed to not only unite the kingdoms of High Rock but also the Kingdoms of Hammerfell and the Kingdom of Orsinium in the Daggerfall Covenant.
- King Farangel Gardner of Wayrest (1E 1100 - 1E ?)
- King Joile of Daggerfall - late First Era
- King Donel Deleyn of Daggerfall
- King Bergamot Deleyn of Daggerfall
- King Eadwyre of Wayrest
- King Arslan II of Daggerfall
- King Lysandus of Daggerfall
- King Gothryd of Daggerfall
- King Fahara'jad of Sentinel (2E - 2E ?)
- King Camaron of Sentinel (3E ? - 3E ?)
- King Lhotun of Sentinel (3E ? - 3E ?)
The Rank of King and Queen in Orsinium is the highest rank a person can gain, the second being a Chief.
- King Torug gro-Igron (1E 8?? - 1E 9??)
- King Golkarr (1E 9?? - 1E 980)
- King Kurog gro-Orsinium (2E 566–2E 583)
- King Bazrag gro-Fharun (2E 583–2E ???)
- King Gortwog gro-Nagorm (3E 399 - ?E ???)
The Rank of King and Queen in Summerset Isle is the highest rank a person can gain.
- King Rilis XII of Firsthold (2E)
- King Hidellith Aldmeri of Alinor, Father of Ayrenn (2E ?? - 2E ??)
- Queen Ayrenn Arana Aldmer of Alinor and the First Aldmeri Dominion (2E ?? - ??)
- King Reman Karoodil of Firsthold (3E? - 3E?)
- Queen Consort Morgiah of Firsthold (3E? - 3E?)
The Rank of King and Queen in Valenwood is the highest rank a person can gain.
- King Eplear, founder of the Camoran Dynasty (1E 0)
- King Faume Toad-Eye, father of legendary Bosmer Hero Oreyn Bearclaw (2E?)
- King Aeradan Camoran (2E 583)
- King Anaxemes Camoran (2E 830)
- King Haymon Camoran (3E 249–3E 267)
- Queen Anequina Sharp-Tongue, Queen of Anequina during the Merethic Era[source?]
- King Dro'Zel, King during 1E 2920[source?]
- Queen Hasaama, Queen during 1E 2920[source?]
- Queen Khamira, Queen of Anequina during the Second Era (Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr)[source?]