The King or Queen of Morrowind is the sovereign leader of Morrowind. Governing the province, those holding this office become a member of the Elder Council of the Empire of Tamriel. Traditionally, the King of Morrowind was based in Mournhold, as it was the first capital city established by Tiber Septim and Queen Barenziah in the late Second Era. However, following 4E 6, the capital moved to Blacklight.
Ascension[edit | edit source]
The King or Queen of Morrowind was put in place by Tiber Septim in order to maintain a central governing hand in the province. The King or Queen typically inherits the throne by birth and rules for life or until abdication. The King swears fealty to the Emperor.
Previous Kings and Queens of Morrowind[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of Kings and Queens who have ruled Morrowind and their respective reigns.
- Queen Barenziah (2E 911 - ?)
- King Symmachus (? - 3E 391)
- King Hlaalu Athyn Llethan (? - 3E 426/28)
- King Hlaalu Helseth (3E 426/28 - ?) 
Other nobility[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Biography of Barenziah, v 1
- The Real Barenziah, Book V
- Red Book of 3E 426
- During the events of The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal, which took place in the year 3E 428, Helseth has succeeded Athyn Llethan as King. Hence, Llethan's death and Helseth's ascension must have taken place before that date, and after the last dated mention of Llethan as King in the Red Book of 3E 426, therefore between 3E 426 and 3E 428
- The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal