As an essential character, he cannot die, even after the Civil War questline has been completed.
He can be seen with an Imperial bow equipped firing steel arrows at the Stormcloak soldiers during the attack and has a group of Imperial soldiers around him. After the attack he walks back in to Whiterun and making his way up to Dragonsreach.
This section contains bugs related to Legate Quentin Cipius. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- He can be found standing near a ruined monolith east of Rorikstead.
- This may happen when Whiterun has been captured for the Stormcloaks, but he will still appear here despite the fact the Imperial Whiterun camp is no longer there.
- When using Detect Life he shows as an enemy.
- During the Message to Whiterun quest, you're asked to report to him, and in some instances he will not give you the quest dialogue for you to proceed, instead only offers generic guard responses. To fix this, if you have installed Civil War Overhaul and you have deleted only the .esp file, you should delete all its scripts, textures and actors.
- Ice Form on his bugged copy may result in Cipius never getting back up. Using