Unlike other breeds of dragon, legendary dragons have distinctive thick, curved horns. They have a black and purple scale color with white wings featuring mottled purple spots. They are also unique in having what appears to be compound eyes, formed of multiple "eyes" in a single socket.
The legendary dragon behaves like any other dragon in combat. It attacks with Fire or Frost Breath, and may sometimes land either on its own accord or because of the Dragonrend shout. Along with the Revered Dragon, it uses the Drain Vitality Shout.
Along with dragon bones, scales, gold, and gems, legendary dragons also have an additional chance to drop Daedric weapons and armor due to their high level. Very rarely, a Dragonbone Warhammer can be looted.
- The Legendary Dragon is stronger than Alduin in terms of shouts, health, and bite damage, although Alduin has a 50% resistance to all damage types.
- While a rare natural spawn, one is always located at Arcwind Point, provided the Dragonborn has reached level 78.
This section contains bugs related to Legendary Dragon. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
As with all other dragons, when defeated, it might not be possible to absorb its soul.
- Fix: spend a dragon soul, and the dragon's soul should be absorbed, but it might not necessarily work if you spend several dragon souls.
- On the first encounter with a legendary dragon, it is somewhat common that its model and textures will be out of date and smooth; this is the same with most dragons, but even more with legendary dragons due to their rather rare nature, and in some cases, the legendary dragons will remain untextured, never fully rendering.
- Dragonborn if it hits you while flying or landing. Legendary dragons might fly backwards and kill the
Defeat A Legendary Dragon
Note: If you are playing on the PC and are struggling to receive this achievement, type
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures|| Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|