Locations[edit | edit source]
- Delivered by a courier after purchasing any Dwarven item. Similar letters may be received when new items are acquired, such as any of the Exploding Dwarven Bolt introduced in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard.
- The location named in the letter may change depending on nearest named location when the letter is received.
Contents[edit | edit source]
It has come to my attention you may have recently acquired a certain (Dwarven item) from (Town).
I'm not sure how such an object came to find itself resting there... but I've been trying to obtain one for my research.
If you still have it, or if not, find another one, I would be most appreciative if you were to bring it to me here in Markarth. I will pay handsomely.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the Dragonborn has both an improved/enchanted and a normal Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow, make sure to drop or store the preferred crossbow before making the transaction with Calcelmo to avoid losing it.
- The letter is named Letter from Calcemo, although his name is Calcelmo, with an extra L.
- If Keening is sold and bought back from a vendor, Calcelmo may send a letter asking to purchase it.
- If the Execution Hood is sold and bought back from a vendor, Calcelmo acts as if the item is a Dwemer artifact and may send the letter asking to obtain it from the Dragonborn.
- If the letter is not read no Misc. Objective is added to the quest log but Calcelmo will still have the dialogue option to sell him the Dwarven item.