A Lumber Mill is a type of building and/or settlement found throughout Skyrim. These are small structures found alongside a major water source with a mill for cutting lumber. They are also referred to as wood mills. Most can be used as a way to earn money by chopping and selling firewood. Selling firewood to a mill owner will raise their disposition towards Dragonborn. By raising their disposition enough, they will eventually give permission to cut lumber personally. Cutting one log will produce ten sawn logs. These will go directly to the Dragonborn's homestead, if one is owned.
Alternatively, with the add on The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire, sawn logs can be purchased at lumber mills throughout Skyrim for 200 per twenty sawn logs.
List of lumber mills[edit | edit source]
- Anga's Mill, The Pale, not far west of Windhelm
- Deadwood Lumber Mill, Falkreath
- Dragon Bridge Lumber Camp, Haafingar
- Half-Moon Mill, Falkreath Hold at Lake Ilinalta
- Heartwood Mill, The Rift, at Lake Honrich
- Ivarstead's lumber mill, The Rift
- Mixwater Mill, Eastmarch
- Morthal's lumber mill, Hjaalmarch
- Riverwood's lumber mill, Whiterun Hold
- Solitude Sawmill, Haafingar
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Reach and Winterhold are the only Holds not to feature sawmills.
- The sawmills in Morthal, Falkreath, and Ivarstead are the only ones where the wheel rotates clockwise.
- The sawmill in Falkreath is also the only one where the wheel is actually on the left-hand side, near the lumber pile.
- If one stands on the lumber pile at the end of the mills and jumps, the sounds heard will be the same as when jumping on rocks and concrete, rather than the ones used for wood.