Madesi is one of the few remaining traditional Saxhleel jewelers in Tamriel. Bandits and other such troubles have made journeys to mines and other towns difficult. His profession becomes more and more difficult each day, thus he asks the Dragonborn for assistance with obtaining supplies. He rewards the Dragonborn with and an item of jewelry.
"Madesi was actually my original Saxhleel name. Unlike others, I decided to embrace tradition and keep it that way."
- Saxhleel? "Forgive me. It's a term I haven't used in some time. While most in Tamriel call my kind Argonian, prefer the term Saxhleel."
Brynjolf: "Everyone! Everyone! Gather 'round! I have something amazing to show you that demands your attention! Gather 'round all! No pushing, no shoving. Plenty of room!"
Brand-Shei: "Come on, Brynjolf... what is it this time?"
Brynjolf: "Patience, Brand-Shei. This is a rare opportunity, and I wouldn't want you to get left out."
Madesi: "That's what you said about the Wisp Essence and it turned out to be crushed nirnroot mixed with water!"
Brynjolf: "That was a simple misunderstanding, but this item is the real thing. Lads and lasses I give you, Falmerblood Elixir!"
Brand-Shei: "Oh come on, are you talking about the Snow Elves?"
Brynjolf: "The one and only. Mystical beings who live in legends and were masters of great magic. Imagine the power that coursed through their veins!"
Madesi: "How did you get that, then? No one's seen them in years!"
Brynjolf: "My sources must remain a secret for their own protection but I can promise that the contents are genuine. One sip of the elixir and your wishes will be granted. Great wealth, everlasting life or perhaps limitless power could be yours!"
Brand-Shei: "How much does it cost?"
Brynjolf: "Only twenty gold septims! Hurry before my supply is gone."
Madesi: "Don't listen to him, he's making this up."
Brynjolf: "Please hurry, I have only a few bottles left!"
Brand-Shei: "That Wisp Essence didn't help, but maybe this will."
Svana: "Madesi, why don't you just take a bed here? There's no need to sleep in Beggar's Row."
Madesi: "The cold stone...the dampness...it suits me, Svana."
Svana: "Are you sure that's the real reason? It wouldn't have anything to do with others making an Argonian unwelcome, because if it is..."
Madesi: "You have a kind heart, much too kind for Riften. Don't worry about me, I'll be just fine."
Madesi: "Lady Maven, how may I help you?"
Maven: "Is it true that you refused to sell one of your... trinkets to Hemming?"
Madesi: "Please, milady, it was only because he threatened me. He said he'd have me thrown in the prisons if I didn't give him what he wanted! I can't afford to just give my jewelry away!"
Maven: "Next time a Black-Briar asks for something, I suggest you respond quickly and affirmatively."
Drifa: "We have a few pieces of jewelry at the Prawn, Madesi. Want to come look at them later?"
Madesi: "I wish I could, milady. Sadly, I haven't sold enough of my own jewelry, let alone buy some from you. I'm sorry."
Drifa: "Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm certain Bolli would be happy to lend you a few septims."
Madesi: "Much appreciated, Lady Drifa, but I'll manage."
Dinya: "When are you going to stop by the temple, Madesi?"
Madesi: "Sorry Lady Dinya, but I've been busy of late."
Dinya: "It only takes but a moment to say a silent prayer to Mara. Please come by soon; not for me, but for yourself."
Madesi: "Very well, I'll try milady."
Shadr: "Here's another septim, Madesi. How much more do I need?"
Madesi: "Only thirty more and it'll be all yours. If I might ask, who is the lucky woman?"
Shadr: "It's for Marise, but don't say a word to her!"
Madesi: "Don't worry, Shadr, your secret is safe with me."
Tythis: "Madesi, have you heard the Imperials might be headed this way? What would we do?"
Madesi: "They aren't invading, milord... it's simply a response to Ulfric and his Stormcloaks. I assure you everything will be fine."
Tythis: "But I've heard from the Snow-Shods that they intend to burn this place to the ground!"
Madesi: "Tythis, please. The Snow-Shods are good people, but tend to exaggerate. Try and stay calm for your own sake."
What are these for?Edit
Madesi: "Lady Haelga, so pleased to see you. Your Marks of Dibella are ready."
Haelga: "Oh, splendid! I can't wait to use them."
Madesi: "Begging your pardon milady... I know these have something to do with Dibella, but whatever are they for?"
Haelga: "Maybe I'll show you one day, Madesi. Have them delivered to the Bunkhouse, won't you?"
Aggravated about the ArgonianEdit
Grelka: "Hey, greenskin... close your mouth. Some of us are trying to eat over here."
Madesi: "There's no need to be rude, Grelka. If you don't care for Argonians, then perhaps you should take residence somewhere else."
Grelka: "Or perhaps you should crawl back into whatever swamp you came from, lizard man."
Madesi: "You're not going to goad me into a fight so I'll get kicked out, Grelka. Eat your food and leave me in peace."
Madesi: "Ah, Nivenor. What can I sell you on this fine day?"
Nivenor: "I'm looking for a necklace. Do you have anything with garnets?"
Madesi: "I have a single one left, quite expensive, but also quite elegant."
Nivenor: "Posh. I'm not paying for it. Put it on Bolli's account if you please."
Bill for BolliEdit
Bolli: "Madesi, what's this bill for 300 septims!"
Madesi: "Begging your pardon, milord. Your wife has run up quite an account in the last few months."
Bolli: "Outrageous! Who does she think she is?!"
Madesi: "I believe she's trying to look as ravishing as possible for you, milord."
Bolli: "Oh, well... I suppose that's a noble cause. I'll settle this bill at the end of the day. Thank you."
- "Buying and selling fine jewelry here!"
- "Fine jewelry and gleaming gemstones over here!"
- "Beautiful baubles and gleaming gemstones, over here!"
- "Greetings honored friend. Can I interest you in some fine jewelry?"
- "If anything pleases the eye, don't hesitate to make me an offer."
- "You remind me of the Shadowscales from the old histories." – If the Dragonborn is sneaking.
- "Safe travels, land-strider."
- Madesi can be killed to feed the Ebony Blade after completing the quest "Ringmaker."
- Madesi can be killed in dragon attacks, or by Thieves Guild members in the random fights.
- Completing the quest "A Chance Arrangement" may cause Madesi to send hired thugs after the Dragonborn.
- Madesi takes his evening meal within Haelga's Bunkhouse, after which he sleeps in Beggar's Row.
- Madesi will refer to the Dragonborn as "Marsh friend," if they are an Argonian.
This section contains bugs related to Madesi. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Fort Sungard instead of Riften. When trying to return the quest items for "Ringmaker" to Madesi, if "show on map" is selected, it may show that he is in
- Sometimes, when Madesi is approached, the Dragonborn may be unable to interact with him. Entering and leaving a building should fix this.
- Madesi's base id may be invalid while using console commands.
- Madesi's Silver Ring may not appear in his strongbox during the quest "A Chance Arrangement."