Magic Anomaly is a creature found, and tied to events resulting from the Eye of Magnus and the Aftershock. They are fast, Agile creatures that are highly resistant to magic and difficult to hit. One effective strategy is to use a Lightning Cloak spell, which will cause damage to the anomalies when attacking, while using restoration spells to heal the dragonborn.
Once slain, Anomalies explode into a large ball of raw magic, dealing no damage to surrounding creatures. Their final bodies appear as fine blue dust on the ground, or in the air where they were last floating.
- Winterhold during the quest "Containment".
- At the ruptures during "Aftershock".
- The College of Winterhold during "The Eye of Magnus".
- South-South east of Rannvieg's Fast
- A filled Soul Gem of any size (Petty to Grand, including Black) can be found, which was once powering their existence in Skyrim.
- Makes the same noises as an Ice Wraith when attacked
- Can give the player an ice bite, which says "Ice Wraith bite" as a description.
- Occasionally are mistaken for Ice Wraiths or Wisps, because of their appearance and sounds.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|