Uses[edit | edit source]
They are used in some miscellaneous quests, and can be used to make the spell tome of Conjure Storm Atronach in the Atronach Forge in the Midden in the College of Winterhold. Ysolda asks for one during the quest "Rare Gifts," and Madesi asks for one during the quest "Ringmaker."
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Three can be found in The Arcanaeum.
- On mammoths and sometimes on giants.
- Eight can be found at Halted Stream Camp.
- One can be found on a table next to the entrance of Snow-Shod Manor, Riften.
- In the bedroom within Black-Briar Meadery in Riften.
- Atop a shelf, behind the counter of The Bannered Mare, Whiterun.
- In the room to the left of the front entrance in Jorrvaskr.
- In the basement on a shelf in Black-Briar Lodge.
- A short way into Uttering Hills Cave.
- One can be found in a chest located on the second floor of The Drunken Huntsman.
- One can be found in the Hall of Countenance, on one of the dressers.
- One in an Alchemy Laboratory in a homestead.HF
- Four can be found in the alchemy lab of Severin Manor in Raven Rock.DR
Merchants[edit | edit source]
- Can be bought from Lucan Valerius in Riverwood.
- Can be bought from Ysolda if the Dragonborn is married to her.
- The Dragonborn is able to purchase one from the hunter located just north of White River Watch.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the tamed mammoths have decorative carvings on their tusks, only one version of the lootable item exists. Looting a tamed mammoth will yield the same undecorated tusk as a wild mammoth.