Mara is a goddess of the Nine Divines. She is also known as Mother-Goddess and Goddess of Love in the Empire, and in Skyrim as handmaid of Kyne. She makes an appearance in almost every culture's pantheon in Tamriel, and at times is affiliated with Nir who gave birth to creation. She may be married to, or act as a concubine of, either Akatosh or Lorkhan, depending on the religion. In Morrowind, Mara appears in the form of Ama Nin.
- Mara's main Chapel is located in Bravil.
- In Skyrim, Mara has a temple dedicated to her in Riften. Marriages are carried out in her name at this temple.
- The Amulet of Mara increases the Restoration aptitude for the wearer. It is also used as a symbol that the wearer is looking for a spouse.
Since Mara may have been the wife of Akatosh, it is believed she may also be Arkay's mother.[source?] However, it is unclear whether Mara was, in fact, the wife of Akatosh, the wife of Lorkhan, or a concubine of both.
- Mara – Nine Divines, Bretony Pantheon, Nordic Pantheon, Altmeri Pantheon, Bosmeri Pantheon, Khajiiti Pantheon and Kothri Pantheon
- Morwha – Redguard Pantheon
"Come to me, Mara, for without you, I might forget the ways of our fathers, and preening by the light of latest fashion, my words might tremble like the thin reeds of novelty in the tempest of enthusiasms."
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena (mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (as Ama Nin)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (mentioned only)