- Destroy the Draugr in Angarvunde
- Talk to Medresi in Angarvunde
- Find a way to open the gates
- Open the other gate
- Return to Madresi
- Discover the treasure of Angarvunde
Medresi Dran will speak to the Dragonborn when approached. Offering to help her will start the miscellaneous quest "Destroy the Draugr in Angarvunde." If the quest was not followed, the key may need to be obtained from Medresi by either pickpocketing or killing her.
Upon killing or pickpocketing Medresi Dran, the key can be looted and the quest "Discover the treasure of Angarvunde" will begin.
- Medresi Dran will ask to the Dragonborn to kill three draugr that scared her men off (level-dependent).
- Report back to Medresi
- Open the two gates blocking the path. Medresi will give the Dragonborn the key to two doors; one on each side of the main chamber in Angarvunde. The Dragonborn will have to go through both eventually (both doors are full of Draugr), and upon finishing each door, they will both return you to the main chamber.
- Go through the open gates and Medresi Dran will run ahead of the Dragonborn into the treasure room only to be crushed by the staircase shaft rising from the floor.
- Enter the secret staircase that appeared upon the demise of Medresi, and proceed down the stairs to obtain a word of the Animal Allegiance shout and a treasure chest. Learning the word of power will complete the quest.
|Medresi Dran and the Wandering Dead – dunAngarvundeQST|
- Medresi's corpse can be looted after she is killed by the shaft by standing on the stairs leading into the room and knocking her body off the top using a kinetic destruction spell such as Firebolt.
If the key is pickpocketed from Medresi Dran before the quest is started, she will stand in front of the open gates forever insisting that they need to be opened.
- Talk to Madresi Dran and have her "give" you the key, then exit and re-enter the dungeon and re-trigger the levers for both doors.
- Kill Madresi Dran.
Followers may not follow the Dragonborn down the spiral stairs because it is broken at the bottom.
- Use a paralysis spell to have the follower topple over or use Unrelenting Force.