The mask can be acquired from Miraak's skeleton at the conclusion of the quest "At the Summit of Apocrypha."
Wearing this mask grants the following bonuses:
- Fortify Magicka: 40–70 points
Although any race will benefit from this, the Altmer in particular will possess an even greater magicka pool because of their natural predisposition towards magicka fortification. Obtaining this mask at level 60 or above will grant an advantage of 120 points of extra magicka, while the Nahkriin mask would offer only 100 points. When equipped with the archmage's robes and this helmet, such characters will possess 170 points of magicka. Should the Dragonborn also have the blessing from the atronach stone, this will easily be increased to 220 points. Equipping the Necromancer Amulet as well will give a total of 270 magicka points.
Unlike other dragon priest masks, this mask cannot be improved at a workbench.
The version that is received is based on character level, and whether it is light or heavy armor is based on which one is at a higher level. There are six variants of the mask:
|1–44||23||9||618||Increases your Magicka by 50 points||039d2b|
|45–59||25||9||733||Increases your Magicka by 60 points||039d2e|
|60+||27||9||849||Increases your Magicka by 70 points||039d2f|
|1–44||23||9||505||Increases your Magicka by 40 points||039fa1|
|45–59||25||9||733||Increases your Magicka by 60 points||039fa2|
|60+||27||9||849||Increases your Magicka by 70 points||039fa3|
- As with all dragon masks, it can be equipped with the falmer helmet.
- If Miraak is equipped along with the jagged crown, the crown's horns will be visible through the mask.
- The design of the mask slightly resembles a squid, which is possibly another reference to the Cthulhu and other Lovecraftian mythos creatures whom Hermaeus Mora is loosely based on which also showed them as tentacled, squid-like monstrosities.
- Miraak's Mask resembles the face of a seeker.
- The light and heavy versions of the mask share the same statistics, except for the lowest level versions of each which differ slightly in value and enchantment power.
- Due to the Light Armor version having the same armor rating as the Heavy counterpart, even the version obtained at level 1 offers protection that completely eclipses that of a Dragonscale Helmet. The Light Armor version of this mask offers the best armor rating out of any other Light helmet.
- It is the only mask to have a unique design besides Konahrik.
- heavy armor version of Miraak's mask instead raises the Light Armor skill. The
Miraak's body may sometimes fall through the floor upon his death, making it impossible to retrieve on consoles.
- console command. use the 'tcl'
- When placed on a mannequin, both the mask and the robe may disappear when one leaves the area.
|Dragon Priest Masks|
|Skyrim||Hevnoraak • Konahrik • Krosis • Morokei • Nahkriin • Otar • Rahgot • Vokun • Volsung|
|Dragonborn||Ahzidal • Dukaan • Miraak • Zahkriisos|