The barracks are to the left and the jail to the right of the main door into the Keep, with the banners on each side. This is where most of the city's guards reside. The barracks can also be entered from inside the keep, go to the hallway behind the throne, turn left and enter the room directly ahead. The door to the barracks is opposite the entrance.
Interior[edit | edit source]
Banquet Hall and Throne Room[edit | edit source]
The Jarl and her entourage are seated here.
Wylandriah's Enchantments[edit | edit source]
War Room and Armory[edit | edit source]
Gonnar Oath-Giver is plotting from this location (which was once a pantry) at the start of the Civil War. Open one door to head into the barracks, and open the other into a bedroom armory filled with weapons.
Anuriel's Room[edit | edit source]
Located at the far end of the ground-floor corridor, this room has a number of precious gems and necklaces and a letter regarding the imprisonment of Sibbi Black-Briar.
Jarl's Chambers[edit | edit source]
There are three doors at the top of the stairs, each leading to a bedroom and a door from the Jarl's bedroom to a covered balcony overlooking Riften.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Notable items[edit | edit source]
- A Stone of Barenziah in the Jarl's Quarters.
- Surfeit of Thieves (Lockpicking) - in the Jarl's Quarters.
- Fine Clothes – in the Jarl's Quarters.
- Map of Skyrim – just outside the Mistveil Keep Barracks.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Only Cure
- Compelling Tribute (Imperials)
- The Raid
- Supply and Demand
- I Done Got Thaned!
- No Stone Unturned
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As several Display Cases are here, it is a good location for leveling the Lockpicking skill.
- A Thief Cache is on the walkway overlooking the training grounds. It may be reached through a door on the upper floor of the barracks.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Mistveil Keep. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When the Dragonborn sits on the throne and rotates the view in first person and switches back to third person view, they can glitch inside the throne.
- Rarely, when fast traveling to the Keep, the building proper will disappear, allowing the Dragonborn to walk on the terrain beneath the building.
- Entering and leaving a building will solve the issue.