Wearing this piece of armor grants the following bonuses:
- Regenerate Magicka: 100 points
This mask can be very helpful for mages, since Magicka is required for spellcasting, and can usually take a while to regenerate up to maximum potential. Spellcasters will be able to cast more spells more frequently, especially concentration ones, without needing to worry about Magicka, and will be able to recover lost Magicka faster, which can especially be useful if the Atronach Stone ability is active. The mask's enchantment stacks with the Altmer ability Highborn. Altmer players can also use the Apprentice Stone to fortify magicka regeneration even more.
- Because the mask is considered armor, it negates the Alteration perk, Mage Armor.
- Morokei's armor rating is significantly lower than that of other Dragon Priest masks. The reason for this is unknown. Due to its association with the College of Winterhold questline, it may have been intended to give a slight armor rating while not negating Mage Armor, similarly to the Diadem of the Savant, but may have been given the wrong keywords for this.
- Morokei is intended to have a unique enchantment that gives Magicka regeneration as well as shout cooldown reduction, but this enchantment was not actually assigned to it.
- Had it been given this enchantment, it would be the only item besides the Amulet of Talos to reduce shout cooldown time.
This section contains bugs related to Morokei (Mask). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
-  Morokei's enchantment is improperly assigned. It is supposed to also reduce the cooldown of dragon shouts by 20%.
- Archmage's Robes together; both the mask and the Dragonborn's entire head may disappear, showing only an empty hood.
When equipping a mask and the
- A short term fix is to drop the Archmage's Robes then pick them up again.
- Another fix is to store the mask in a container and then equip it directly from the container.
- This can be temporarily fixed by pressing F5, quicksave, and then F9, quick load.
- Clearing the Xbox 360 cache will also correct this issue.
- PS3 users can also temporarily fix this by saving and loading
- Falmer Helmet, Ancient Shrouded Cowl, the Jagged Crown and circlets. It is possible to equip this item while wearing a
- Malborn in the "Diplomatic Immunity" quest, it may disappear. This has been known to happen with Krosis also.
If a mask is given to
To resolve this, use the console command
00061C8B 1, and it will add the mask to the inventory again.
- To resolve this, use the console command
- follower, over time it may disappear from their inventory. If any mask is given to any
|Dragon Priest Masks|
|Skyrim||Hevnoraak • Konahrik • Krosis • Morokei • Nahkriin • Otar • Rahgot • Vokun • Volsung|
|Dragonborn||Ahzidal • Dukaan • Miraak • Zahkriisos|