Description[edit | edit source]
It is a cavern located in the heart of the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell, on Mount Kand. It is made of four sections adjoined by long tunnels, the whole cavern is in complete darkness, except for the faint red glow around the lava pits. The three first areas are each inhabited by a unique non-hostile Atronach, each of them will give the Nerevarine a riddle to solve, if they wish to pass unharmed. The furthest area contains the Mount Kand Shrine, which commemorates a battle of wits that Vivec had with three Daedras. Due to this, it is one of the many sites where Tribunal Temple members accomplish pilgrimages.
Mount Kand Shrine[edit | edit source]
Actvating the shrine will confer the following blessings:
The riddles[edit | edit source]
Note: Although this is part of the quest "Pilgrimage to Mount Kand," whenever the Nerevarine enters in the cavern, the Atronachs will always propose their riddles, and remain friendly, as long as they are answered correctly.
- Flame Atronach: "A metal neither black nor red. As heavy as a man's golden greed. What you do to stay ahead. With friend or arrow or steed."
Answer = "Lead"
- Frost Atronach: "If you lie to me, I will slay you with my sword. If you tell me the truth, I will slay you with a spell."
Answer = "If I lie, slay me with the sword"
- Storm Atronach:: "My fellow Atronach, Zedias-soko, was slain. The Altmer claims the Dunmer is guilty. The Dunmer says the Khajiit did it. The Orc swears he didn't kill Zedias-soko. The Khajiit says the Dunmer is lying. If only one of these speaks the truth, who killed Zedias-soko?"
Answer = "Orc"
Quests[edit | edit source]
During their progress through the Tribunal Temple Quests, the Nerevarine must accomplish the pilgrimage to Mount Kand Shrine, and re-enact Vivec's battle of wits with three Daedras.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Note: These three Atronachs have unique Ref IDs:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The answers to all the riddles can be found in the book Yellow Book of Riddles. In the book, Zedias-soko, the "Atronach's friend," is replaced by a Bosmer.
- These are three of the very rare Atronachs that have a non hostile default behavior.
- If the Atronachs are not slain, there is no loot in the whole cavern.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Dialogue with Tharer Rotheloth