- For other uses, see Nightblade.
The Nightblade is one of six playable classes in The Elder Scrolls Online. It is a class more suited for stealth and surprise attacks rather than survivability. However, they do feature health-draining skills.
Nightblades are adventurers and opportunists with a gift for getting in and out of trouble. Relying variously on stealth, blades, and speed, Nightblades thrive on conflict and misfortune, trusting to their luck and cunning to survive.
- Ultimate ability: Death Stroke -> Incapacitating Strike / Soul Harvest
- Assassin's Blade -> Impale / Killer's Blade
- Teleport Strike -> Lotus Fan / Ambush
- Blur -> Mirage / Double Take
- Mark Target -> Reaper's Mark / Piercing Mark
- Grim Focus -> Relentless Focus / Merciless Resolve
- Ultimate ability: Consuming Darkness -> Bolstering Darkness / Veil of Blades
- Veiled Strike -> Surprise Attack / Concealed Weapon
- Shadow Cloak -> Shadowy Disguise / Dark Cloak
- Path of Darkness -> Twisting Path / Refreshing Path
- Aspect of Terror -> Mass Hysteria / Manifestation of Terror
- Summon Shade -> Dark Shades / Shadow Image
- Ultimate ability: Soul Shred -> Soul Siphon / Soul Tether
- Strife -> Swallow Soul / Funnel Health
- Malevolent Offering -> Shrewd Offering / Healthy Offering
- Cripple -> Crippling Grasp / Debilitate
- Siphoning Strikes -> Leeching Strikes / Siphoning Attacks
- Drain Power -> Power Extraction / Sap Essence
- Advances in Lockpicking
- Shadow Draining: A Hypothesis
- Stepping through Shadows
- The Philosophy of Stealth
- Wulfmare's Guide to Better Thieving
- The Nightblade must maintain high mobility in combat, as the Nightblade has the worst direct defense mechanics out of all classes. However, by means of Shadow Cloak, Blur and general agility in combat, the Nightblade can evade attacks and confuse enemies which can serve as an indirect defense mechanic.
- The Nightblade class, while, being the best in single-target damage dealing, does not have many area covering damage dealing choices or damage over time choices and needs to depend on weapons' abilities and guild skills to be effective in multi-target damage dealing and dealing damage over time.
- The Nightblade can use the Shadow Cloak to hide and restore health and magicka, Then can ambush the enemy
- The Nightblade can be used as a very effective, though difficult to master, Tank. With the ability to heal both themselves and group members with Sap Essence (morph of Drain Power, Siphoning) and excellent resource management though Siphoning Attacks to restore Stamina and magicka.
- The Nightblade has effective resource management through the use of Siphoning Attacks and weaving light attacks in with skills (this can be combined with the Grim Focus skill for high single target burst damage).
- Nightblades also have some of the best ultimate regeneration in the game. With a passive that provides 20 ultimate after drinking any potion and an ultimate that, while slotted, provides a passive that provides extra ultimate upon killing enemies (up to an extra 10 ultimate).
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
- The Elder Scrolls Travels: Stormhold
- The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Classes in The Elder Scrolls Online|