Alongside the inn is a small lake with a sheltered pier. Its layout is typical of inns found throughout Skyrim. It has a large common room with a bar at one end and a large fire pit in the center. There are three bedrooms on the main floor with stairs leading down to a large cellar where there is another room that is being rented long-term by an Orc, Balagog gro-Nolob.
The inn seems lonely and sorrowful from the exterior, as the cold weather, frozen lake, and lack of life create a bleak setting. Inside is not much different; the only other patron, Fultheim, says, when asked why he drinks here, is "Where else would I go to drink?"
- The Sneak skill book Legend of Krately House, found on a bedside table in the cellar.
- Fultheim carries a Blades sword.
- Dawnguard Cache at the foot of the pier once the Dawnguard member Saliah is found.DG
- Three clay deposits near the lake.HF
- A total of 11 searchable barrels can be found with 2 just outside the main entrance, 3 more next to each other on the northeast corner of the main hall, and 6 more in the cellar room. The Dragonborn is free to loot them, and it will not count as theft if anything is taken. This will only apply to the barrels, however.