Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Because the bow is leveled, the magnitude of the enchantments, the base strength and value of the bow are based on character level; meaning that with every level the Dragonborn has advanced when the bow is obtained, the bow does more damage and is worth more.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
It is a reward given to the Dragonborn by Karliah, after they complete the Thieves Guild quest "Blindsighted."
Enchantment[edit | edit source]
The enchantment is named "Nightingale Storm" and for all versions of the bow is:
Like many unique items, it cannot be disenchanted at an arcane enchanter.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
The Nightingale bow can be upgraded with an ebony ingot and the Arcane Blacksmith perk, however, it does not benefit from any Smithing perks. This means that the weapon cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or smithing potions to fortify Smithing.
Levels[edit | edit source]
The damage and value, as well as the magnitude of the enchantment, are based on the Dragonborn's level when the bow is acquired. The best possible version is available at level 46.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It can be seen in a loading screen wielded by a female Bosmer wearing leather armor and nocking a steel arrow.
- The damage of the level 46+ version is equal to a standard Daedric Bow.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Nightingale Bow. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Nightingale Blade. It may not show up in the grindstone menu if it is already in the highest tier, like the
- sneaking character much more easily than other, non-enchanted bows. Even with 100 Sneak in light armor, in very dark lighting conditions and under the effects of muffle, shooting this bow will reveal the user immediately at short range and very rapidly at long range (assuming that enemies investigate). This is in surprising comparison to unenchanted bows which can be fired nearly point blank and not reveal the shooter's location at 100 Sneak. This is because the sound is incorrectly set to "normal" instead of "silent" (verified with the Creation Kit). The final tier bow appears to reveal a
- When firing any type of arrow, even when fully drawn, it may not reach the maximum range a normal bow could achieve.