The Nightlord Vampire is a radiant vampire sub-type introduced in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. They are the highest level standard vampire that can be encountered and can be found in a multitude of locations. They are set at level 60.
Nightlord Vampires function mainly as mages who cast Frost and Shock spells in addition to Vampiric Drain. They are also adept in Necromancy and will raise any nearby corpses. Once their magicka runs dry, they will switch to their sword or axe until it refills.
When low on health, they will turn invisible and flee for a short time. In addition to spellcasting, their unarmed attacks do an additional 25 points of damage.
They use the following spells:
- Chain Lightning – Lightning bolt that does 40 points of shock damage to Health and half to Magicka, then leaps to a new target.
- Icy Spear – A spear of ice that does 60 points of frost damage to Health and Stamina.
- Ice Storm – A freezing whirlwind that does 40 points of frost damage per second to Health and Stamina.
- Invisibility – Invisibility for 20 seconds.
- Revenant – Reanimates a powerful dead body to fight for them for 60 seconds.
- Thunderbolt – A Thunderbolt that does 60 points of shock damage to Health and half that to Magicka.
- Vampiric Drain – Absorb 15 points of health, magicka and stamina per second from the target.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures||Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|