Background[edit | edit source]
The Court Wizard Calcelmo reveals that the name, Nimhe, was given to the spider by his workers, and it translates to 'The Poisoned One.'
Quests[edit | edit source]
Calcelmo asks the Dragonborn to kill Nimhe since she has been interfering with his excavations for months. In exchange for killing Nimhe, Calcelmo will give them the keys to his Dwemer Museum and the excavation site.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
An easy way to defeat Nimhe is to use Destruction magic spells and attack her from the tunnel to Nimhe's lair. Nimhe cannot crawl nor attack through the small tunnel (with the exception of the poison she shoots) that the Dragonborn enters Nimhe's lair from, making this area a wonderful spot to attack from.
This can be a tough fight for melee characters, especially on higher difficulties. Directly across from the entrance where the Dragonborn first comes in, an egg sac sits on the raised platform near the exit. By crouching and hiding behind it, Nimhe can't hit them with its poison attack, and can't climb the stairs, giving a lot of time to replenish stamina and magicka. It might take a while, but it definitely makes the fight a lot easier.
Nimhe can be easily killed using high sneak ability. For this, take a corner and pelt her with arrows, the result will be minimum to no damage to the Dragonborn and the giant spider will be slain with relative ease.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The giant frostbite spider's name comes from the Irish Gaelic word for poison, also "Nimhe."
- Nimhe appears to have killed Alethius, a guard for one of the expeditions.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Nimhe. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Despite being a unique frostbite spider, Nimhe will respawn after an extended period of time.
- Markarth Stables, it will be there, making a strange noise, but not attacking until threatened. Frequently when you fast travel to the
- Very rarely she will spawn outside of the excavation site.