Upon completion of the Companions' main questline, Njada can be recruited as a follower and becomes a potential marriage candidate. She can be recruited into the Blades if the Dragonborn talks to Delphine while having her as a follower, or as a steward if the Hearthfire DLC has been installed.
Njada has an unpleasant attitude and uncaring disposition. She has few friends, which is what she prefers.
She is initially offensive towards the Dragonborn, refuses to help, and will continue to make insulting comments. She will, however, become slightly more friendly towards the Dragonborn, sometimes calling them a "friend" once the "Glory of the Dead" quest has been completed.
After the Companions' questline is completed, Njada may still make comments that indicate her displeasure at the Dragonborn's promotion, like saying "What guidance could you possibly offer me?" in a rude manner.
When the Dragonborn first enters Jorrvaskr, Njada will be in a brawl with Athis, which Njada wins.
Njada has many skills similar to that of a thief.
Skill proficiencies from highest to lowest:
- Why did you join the Companions? "So I wouldn't have to answer stupid questions from idiots."
- Who are the Companions? "Are you looking to join? I wouldn't get your hopes up. The short answer is: we fight. The long answer is... eh, forget it. You're not worth my time."
- Who's in charge around here? "You don't just waddle in here and get to speak to the boss. Who do you think you are? If you want to embarrass yourself, I won't stop you. Kodlak is the Harbinger. He's the closest thing you'll find to a leader around here."
- The Companions
"I'm still trying to figure out why Skjor let you in in the first place."
- What does it mean to be a Companion? "Just because you've been accepted here so quickly, don't think I'm going to help you rise any faster. Fight well, don't be a lout, and you'll be fine. You don't need my help."
- Aela the Huntress
Njada: "I've heard some rumors... about you and Skjor."
Aela: "And if you want to keep having ears, you'll pretend you didn't."
Njada: "Is it not allowed?"
Aela: "It's not exactly forbidden, but even so... it's not true. So that's that."
Aela: "How do you manage to hold your ground like that?"
Njada: "You have to remember, it's not about strength. It's about leverage."
Aela: "But strength doesn't hurt."
Njada: "Well, no. I'm just saying there's more to defense than muscle."
Skjor: "Heard you had a bit of trouble near Solitude last week."
Njada: "Just those same ruffians I was bringing in for the Shatter-Shields. So much wasted breath in that crew."
Skjor: "I'm imagining you just standing your ground and letting them tire themselves out."
Njada: "I'm telling you, it works. Let them ring their own ears on my shield, then scoop them up off the ground."
Skjor: "We all have different means to glory, Stonearm. Well done."
Skjor: "I've got a bad grip on my shield, could you take a look at it?"
Njada: "I'm a warrior, not a blacksmith."
Skjor: "Can't you just tell me if the grip is bad?"
Njada: "If Eorlund made it, it's more likely you're gripping it wrong. Find me tomorrow and we can go over it."
- "I'm still trying to figure out why Skjor let you in in the first place."
- "If the Circle vouches for you, I'm sworn to respect their judgment. But that doesn't mean I like it."
- "Oh, it's you."
- "Now, if you'll excuse me."
- "No one can defeat me." – when Courage is cast on her
- "What guidance could YOU offer me?" – after becoming Harbinger
- "You and I, we're the only people in Skyrim worth loving. That's what I think." – after she is married.
- "Leaving? Take the world by storm, dearest." – passing comment after married
- When first entering Jorrvaskr, Njada will get into a fistfight with Athis. If listening closely over the din of the battle, Skjor will be heard commenting, "Are these two at it again?," indicating that Njada has gotten into brawls with Athis in the past.
This section contains bugs related to Njada Stonearm. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to show Bugs section|