Northwind Mine is a mine in The Rift. Found on the northern side of the mountain range north and slightly west of Riften, the entrance is located east of Mistwatch, northwest of Shor's Stone, and west-southwest of Cragslane Cavern.
From the entrance, the mine leads north to a room with wooden ramps and several skeletons. A chest with random loot is up the first ramp to the left (west). On a table to the right is the skill book Death Blow of Abernanit. A second ramp leads up to the north, then west, then south. From the top of the ramp, the mine leads up to the west, then north, where there is a tripwire for a falling boulder trap. The path turns to the east, and leads up to another skeleton, then the exit.
Trekking all the way through the mine and out of the other side leads to Northwind Summit and a battle with a dragon (if "Dragon Rising" has been completed), as well as a new word of power used in the shout Aura Whisper.
- Three iron ore veins.
- One Corundum Ore vein; on the left of the path near the entrance.
- One moonstone ore vein; above the exit.
- One orichalcum ore vein; behind the word wall, just on the other side of the mountain.
This section contains bugs related to Northwind Mine (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Dragonborn's follower may be trapped in the stones outside and unable to follow into the mine. This is fixed by using the Unrelenting Force shout on them. After fast traveling to the mine entrance, the
- knapsack underneath the stairs there is an apothecary satchel, however, it cannot be searched. To the right of the