A grove of trees in Haafingar's tundra opens to a small campsite. At night, there may be vampires milling about the exterior camp. In the day they will be inside the cave.
At the entrance of the cave itself are three white cap mushroom nodes. There are over 60 Fly Amanita nodes inside, making it one of the most plentiful sources of this mushroom in Skyrim.
Onmund's Request (radiant)Edit
Sybille Stentor, the court wizard of Solitude, sends the Dragonborn on a miscellaneous quest to kill the leader of a group of vampires hiding in this cave. Once the deed is reported back to Sybille, she will give the Dragonborn a gold ring, plus an increase in Illusion.
Trouble in Skyrim (radiant)Edit
Farkas sends the Dragonborn on a quest to eliminate the vampire leader in Pinemoon cave, then return to Farkas at Jorrvaskr, where he will reward with between 100–300 . This can act as progression in the Companions questline.
- The illusion skill book Incident in Necrom can be found in the back room, on a table.
- A locked chest in the main cave area and another leveled chest in the back room also.
- White cap out the front of the cave.
- An abundance of fly amanita - one of the most prolific sources in the game. At last count, there are 66 of them there.
- A few potions.
- Vampire dust from the resident vampires in the cave.
- The cave is mentioned by a Solitude citizen as having a dragon located within; however, it does not.