Time slows down if the Dragonborn is blocking during an enemy's power attack.
Worthy of note, this effect continues for a short time even if the player releases the block button. This typically continues until the attack of the enemy ends or until you perform an action. With practice, the player may take advantage of this to effectively "dodge" attacks during the slow motion period.
This section contains bugs related to Quick Reflexes. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
When the skill is activated from blocking an enemy's Power Attack, the slow-motion effect may last a lot longer than it should, sometimes indefinitely, sometimes until the end of
- This can be resolved by saving (the save will not contain the slow effect) so you can load the save and it should be fixed. If this does not work, try going through a door or entrance that causes a load screen, or waiting an hour in-game if it persists after combat. The player can also break free of this bug by talking to a follower or some other NPC that allows conversation.
- The benefits of this bug are mostly tied to combat. Enemies take a lot longer to detect and attack the player, so dispatching them without taking damage is easy, and traps are effectively useless since the player can effortlessly move through them before the trap can take effect. Stamina, Health, and Magicka regeneration are also affected, however the cost of sprinting is reduced in proportion to the slowed passage of time, allowing the player to sprint over enormously extended distances.
- Whilst magic cannot be used under the effects of this bug, Shouts can be used.
- There are annoying drawbacks, however, when the player tries to interact with the world (opening chests, looting enemies, opening non-inter-world doors), since all of these objects have to carry through an animation which is significantly slower. Doors and objects that would open in a second or two now take thrice as long (or longer) to open, and enemies take a while to hit the ground once they are killed. The player can not use magic when this bug is in effect.
- This bug is similar to the Slow Time shout, but unlike the shout in that you slow down a bit as well, with this bug you keep going at a normal speed, but your enemies are a lot slower.