Rats are aggressive rodents of a very low level. They are among the weakest creatures in Cyrodiil. Rats can be found in most sewers and often in caves. Rarely, they may be found outdoors in the countryside. They are one of the first enemies the Hero encounters along with goblins, zombies, and the Mythic Dawn in the Imperial City Sewers. Rats have no outstanding strengths, nor weaknesses.
Description[edit | edit source]
Small with brown fur and grey tail and feet, they have two large incisors at the front of their mouth with which they attack. When attacking they will leap at their target while biting them, releasing a sharp screeching sound while attacking.
Loot[edit | edit source]
Damage type[edit | edit source]
- Possibility of transmitting any of the following diseases: Blood Lung, Bone Break Fever, Brain Rot, Feeble Limb, Red Rage, Shakes, or Witless Pox (25% chance)
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Rats are involved in the Fighters Guild quest "A Rat Problem" (Anvil). These rats also have more health than a standard rat (20 health).
- Rats are involved in Sheogorath's Daedric Quest.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- They are not scaled with the Hero's level.
- Rats will still attack even if the Boots of the Crusader are worn.
- In some locations, typically inhabited by goblins, a roasted rat may be found, which will contain three pieces of rat meat.
- A unique rat, Llevana's tunnel rat (health 25) is summoned by Llevana during the quest "Corruption and Conscience."
- Schemer (health 4) is a pet in the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary.
- Sewer Rats found in the Imperial City Sewers during the tutorial quest, are not always hostile.
- The rat found outside Fort Caractacus is invisible.
- The rat in the Temple of the Ancestor Moths catacombs has a health of 15.
- Rat meat is an alchemy ingredient.
- The rat in the basement of Lazare Milvan's House in Skingrad, is the most powerful in the game and can be quite a challenge to kill at a low level, however it is not hostile.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - as skeevers
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Animals||Bear • Boar • Deer • Dog • Horse • Mountain Lion • Mudcrab • Rat • Sheep • Slaughterfish • Unicorn • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Imp • Land Dreugh • Minotaur • Ogre • Spriggan • Troll • Will-o-the-Wisp|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Scamp • Spider Daedra • Storm Atronach • Xivilai|
|Undead||Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Wraith • Zombie|
|Shivering Isles||Baliwog • Elytra • Flesh Atronach • Gatekeeper • Gnarl • Grummite • Hunger • Scalon • Shambles • Skinned Hound|