Physical appearance[edit | edit source]
The Reaper is a ghostly, giant masked figure that wields an iron battleaxe, and wears the same armor and cowl as seen on executioners, such as the Imperial headsman, the only difference being it also wears scaled bracers.
During combat, the Reaper will spit green slime, like the Afflicted. When defeated, it drops three empty black soul gems, an iron battleaxe, and a Daedra heart, suggesting that it is Daedric in nature. The Reaper is mentioned by some of the souls found in the Soul Cairn, even though they do not know who or what it is.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Some souls within the Soul Cairn may give reference to him, saying things such as, "Shh, he's watching us!"
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Reaper (Dawnguard). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Detect Dead or the shout Aura Whisper will reveal all of the Reaper's minions inside the floor. By standing above one of these minions and attacking, the Reaper and his minions will rise and attack the Dragonborn, at which point they can be fought and killed without placing or gathering any of the Reaper gem fragments. Another way, not requiring the Detect Dead spell, is by walking to the far side of the room from the door. The ghostly smoke effect of the Reaper can be seen through the pile of bones he is standing in. If the Dragonborn goes up to him and tries to select him, as if to initiate dialog, he will step forward and his minions will rise. Using the spell
- It is possible for the creature to attack without using the required items to summon it.
- Unrelenting Force shout or a fire rune will work. It is possible to force the Reaper and his minions to attack by using area of affect attacks on the bone piles. A simple
- It is possible that the Reaper's remains cannot be looted.
- shrouded hood if worn by a female Dragonborn. The same thing happens with Reaper's Robes. The Reaper's hood can be obtained via console command as "Reaperr Hood" (typo exists by default). However, it will only appear if worn by a male Dragonborn, and will be replaced by a
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures||Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|