Description[edit | edit source]
The cave entrance is labeled on the map as 'Red Eagle Redoubt.' However, when approaching the cave in person, it is labeled 'To Red Eagle's Ascent.' The cave is a tunnel that ends at an iron door, which leads into Red Eagle's Ascent. Traveling all the way up Red Eagle's Ascent leads to the Sundered Towers, which contains a Red Eagle Tower Key and random enchanted weapons. A Forsworn Briarheart can be found here as well, wielding the sword Red Eagle's Fury. There is also a chest filled with random loot near the Briarheart.
The cave is filled with Eagle head statues/pillars which indicates that this may have been the location of Red Eagle's camp. It also has a boulder trap inside. The site is overlooking Karthspire Camp, a large Forsworn camp.
Quests[edit | edit source]
The Dragonborn must recover a missing shipment for Lisbet. One possible location for the shipment is Red Eagle Redoubt.
The Dragonborn must defeat the leader of the Forsworn at Red Eagle Redoubt for the Companions.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Red Eagle Redoubt. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Every time a copy of The Legend of the Red Eagle is read, the quest will re-trigger. The Dragonborn can complete the quest repeatedly, receiving new copies of the sword each time.
- Even though the Dragonborn may have completed the quest and possess both swords, the quest may never allow completion and will continue to "pop up" as incomplete.
- Red Eagle's fury, when put upon a weapon rack at one of the Dragonborn's houses, may remain there permanently, thus bugging the quest.
- The location on the map can be marked as undiscovered despite also being marked as cleared. This can occur by climbing the rocks around Sundered Towers, descending into the exterior of the redoubt, and defeating the Forsworn members without ever entering the cave itself.
- While inside the cave, the player's current location marker on the world Map may appear far out of the map northwest of Markarth, where High Rock would be.