The locals describe Redbelly Mine as an iron mine with a red mist of unknown origin, which can be seen at the bottom of the dig. Even though it is supposed to be an iron mine, the miners have found quicksilver and ebony as well.
The mine is located just west-northwest of Filnjar's House.
The path from the entrance leads down to the west to a wooden bridge that crosses a large circular pit containing several frostbite spiders. Halfway across the bridge is a spur to the right which leads to a dead end. Further along the bridge is another dead end alcove. However, from this end, a ramp leads down to the left (west), guarded by several more spiders. The ramp spirals down along the walls of the pit to the floor, where there are several iron ore veins.
- Ebony ore from three veins. Vein locations are:
- Just before the last ramp down to the bottom of the pit, on the floor
- Immediately at the bottom of the final ramp on the floor.
- On the opposite side of the floor of the mine from the last ramp.
The Redbelly Mine has been overrun by Frostbite Spiders. Fortunately, no one has been hurt, but the spiders are keeping the miners from their work and so the flow in the settlement. Filnjar asks the Dragonborn to clear them out.
- Even though the ore that Filjnar pulled from the mine is seen to be quicksilver ore when it is given to Hafjorg, there is no actual quicksilver that can be found within the mine.
- It is possible to Whirlwind Sprint to the opening in the side of the mine wall just above the ramp. However, there is only a corpse suspended from the ceiling.
- It is possible that the "red mist" in Redbelly Mine may be related to the Redwater Spring, as it contains the same red mist and is located nearby west of the mine.
This section contains bugs related to Redbelly Mine. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes when receiving the quest, no quest marker appears.
- The mine cannot be permanently cleared, much like other dungeons, and the spiders will respawn after a few in game days, possibly harming the various characters inside.
- It is possible that, upon entering the mine, the Dragonborn will fall through the floor and die when they hit the bottom of the mine.