"So, you travel the wilds of Solstheim, just as I do? Here's a word of advice from one wanderer to another -- keep your eyes open and your wits about you. There's more than bears and wolves roaming about this island. If you find yourself face to face with the berserkers or fryse hags, sheathe your blade and get to running! If you need shelter, my kinsfolk at Thirsk will gladly take you in."
- Solstheim "It's an inhospitable place, to be sure. Bears, wolves, and other creatures I'd rather not imagine abound. It's cold, windy, and generally unfriendly."
- bears "Lots of them around this island. Some of them are prety nasty, even diseased. Doesn't pay to mess with them, though their pelts can be valuable, I hear."
- wolves "I knew someone who tried to tame a wolf once. He used to raise guars so he thought he could use the same techniques. You know what? It almost worked...well, no, actually, it didn't work at all. The idiot owed me money, too."
- berserkers "They are called "bare-sarks" in the Nord tongue, because of their insistence on going bare-chested even in the most severe blizzard. They're crazy as they come, friend, and care only for savagery and murder. It is said they are so attracted to death, they make their homes in some of Solstheim's burial barrows. I've also heard rumor of some kind of berserker "mother" but no one has ever seen her and lived to tell about it."
- fryse hags "The fryse hags are mages dedicated to the teachings of Kyne, the widow of the god Shor. Each is a powerful sorceress skilled in the use of frost-based magicka. They're vicious lasses, and view most people as a threat to their beliefs. They've been seen out in the wild, and in a couple of the ice caves."
- Thirsk "Thirsk is the finest mead hall you'll ever visit, friend. It lies north of here, to the east of Lake Fjalding. If you reach the Skaal Village, you're gone too far. When you get there, see Ulfrun. She's in charge of the mead, and will gladly sell you a flagon or three."
- mead "Surely you jest! Mead is the nector of the god Shor! It's made from fermented honey, and is the finest drink ever to touch a Nord's lips."
- Lake Fjalding "It's a big lake towards the northeast. Of course, it's covered by ice, so it's not of much use."
- Skaal "They live in a village on the northeast end of Solstheim, and view the isand's bears and wolves as sacred."