Resist Magic is capped at 85%, this includes all forms of elemental and dragon breath attacks. A further 85% on elemental resistance can be achieved which will grant a potential 97.75% magic damage reduction on one element.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Agent of Mara: +15% magic resistance.
- Blessing of Azura DR: +10% magic resistance.
- The Lord Stone: +25% magic resistance.
- Vampiric Blood Rested DG: +10% magic resistance.
- Alteration Magic Resistance perk: 3 levels - +10%, +20% and +30%
- Breton racial: Breton blood grants a 25% resistance to magic.
Apparel[edit | edit source]
- Savior's Hide – 15% Magic Resistance
- Shield of Solitude – 30% Magic Resistance. Currently has a stronger version of this enchantment (also named Resist Magic but approximately 20% stronger than the regular).
- Shield of Ysgramor – 20% Magic Resistance
- Spellbreaker – 50 points Magic Resistance
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
The following ingredients provide the Resist Magic property for purposes of potions.
|Ingredient||Primary Effect||Secondary Effect||Tertiary Effect||Quaternary Effect|
|Bleeding Crown||Weakness to Fire||Fortify Block||Weakness to Poison||Resist Magic|
|Chicken's Egg||Resist Magic||Damage Magicka Regen||Waterbreathing||Lingering Damage Stamina|
|Crimson Nirnroot||Damage Health||Damage Stamina||Invisibility||Resist Magic|
|Felsaad Tern Feathers DR||Restore Health||Fortify Light Armor||Cure Disease||Resist Magic|
|Fine-Cut Void Salts||Weakness to Shock||Resist Magic||Damage Health||Fortify Magicka|
|Gleamblossom DG||Resist Magic||Fear||Regenerate Health||Paralysis|
|Hagraven Claw||Resist Magic||Lingering Damage Magicka||Fortify Enchanting||Fortify Barter|
|Hawk's Egg HF||Resist Magic||Damage Magicka Regen||Waterbreathing||Lingering Damage Stamina|
|Lavender||Resist Magic||Fortify Stamina||Ravage Magicka||Fortify Conjuration|
|Nirnroot||Damage Health||Damage Stamina||Invisibility||Resist Magic|
|Tundra Cotton||Resist Magic||Fortify Magicka||Fortify Block||Fortify Barter|
|Void Salts||Weakness to Shock||Resist Magic||Damage Health||Fortify Magicka|
|Wisp Wrappings||Restore Stamina||Fortify Destruction||Fortify Carry Weight||Resist Magic|
Usefulness[edit | edit source]
Gaining a resistance to magic can negate a percentage of all incoming spells. It is more versatile than elemental resistance as it covers all kinds of magical damage instead of just fire, frost, or shock individually.
A 70% passive resistance can be achieved by obtaining Agent of Mara, The Lord Stone and all 3 levels of the Alteration perk Magic Resistance is taken. If the Dragonborn is a Vampire Lord, they may receive the temporary Vampire Blood Rested perk for an additional 10% magic resistance.
A Breton character will receive a natural 25% resistance, so achieving the 85% cap will require fewer abilities.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This enchantment may be placed on shields, rings and necklaces.
- Resist magic does not affect friendly spells, unlike the Spell Absorption ability.