Restoration Ritual Spell is a quest available in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. In order to receive two master-level spells in Restoration, the Dragonborn must convince the Augur of Dunlain in The Midden of the College of Winterhold to allow them to be taught.
- Gain the Augur's approval
Speak with Colette Marence in the College of Winterhold with a Restoration skill of 90+ and the quest "Good Intentions" completed to begin the quest. Colette can usually be found in the Arcanaeum or the Hall of Countenance. She tells the Dragonborn to go to the Midden and talk to the Augur of Dunlain.
After speaking with the Augur, the Dragonborn is stripped of all weapons, armor, and potions except quest items, leaving behind only the ability to use spells, powers, and Dragon Shouts. Afterward, the Dragonborn is attacked by three ghosts: one using Flames, one using Frostbite, and one using Sparks. They are immune to any attacks made by the Dragonborn. Through the use of healing spells and wards, the Dragonborn must survive the attacks. The ghosts will appear one by one and also disappear one by one. After approximately 45 seconds the last ghost disappears and the quest will be complete.
- If any followers are present, they will retain all of their inventory and engage in combat with the ghosts. If nothing else, this will likely draw their attention, making the quest much easier. Just be careful if the follower is not immortal and use Heal Other on your follower if their health gets low.
- The encounter will always end in 30 seconds after getting to stage 40. If the Dragonborn goes into sneak mode or gets invisible and remains unseen, the ghosts never become hostile.
- While items are stripped when stepping into the light, the effects will not be stripped. Drinking an Invisibility potion or casting an Invisibility spell before stepping into the light allows avoiding combat for the duration of the potion. It is recommended to avoid re-casting the spell unless the Illusion perk Quiet Casting is gained.
- The Alteration perk Atronach, all three ranks of Magic Resistance, and the Atronach standing stone will make the Dragonborn virtually immune to the spells of all three spirits. Due to the high Magicka absorption rate of this method, should damage become significant, there should be no shortage of Magicka for healing.
The spell Bane of the Undead will be added directly to the Dragonborn's spell list upon completing the Augur's challenge. Afterward, the other Master Restoration spell, Guardian Circle, will be available as a Spell Tome for purchase from Colette Marence.
|Restoration Ritual Spell – MGRitual04|
|10||I've asked Colette about additional training in Restoration. She suggested there are spells I don't yet know, but that the Augur down in the Midden is the keeper of that knowledge and I'd have to gain his approval before I can learn them.
|200||I've passed the Augur's test, and have been granted the Bane of the Undead spell.
|Click to show|
|College of Winterhold Quests|
|Main Quest||First Lessons • Under Saarthal • Hitting the Books • Good Intentions|
Revealing the Unseen • Containment • The Staff of Magnus • The Eye of Magnus
|Side Quests||Arniel's Endeavor • J'zargo's Experiment • Brelyna's Practice|
Onmund's Request • Out of Balance • Rejoining the College
|Master Spell Quests||Alteration Ritual Spell • Destruction Ritual Spell • Conjuration Ritual Spell|
Illusion Ritual Spell • Restoration Ritual Spell
|Radiant Quests||Aftershock • Tolfdir the Absent-Minded • Fetch Me That Book!|
Shalidor's Insights • Enchanting Pick-Up • Restocking Soul Gems
|Other Quests||The Missing Apprentices • Forgotten Names|