Usefulness[edit | edit source]
This spell is not limited to human targets; dead bears or wolves may also be reanimated, if they are of a low enough level. Characters/creatures raised with this spell may turn into ash after being killed again. Reanimated beings cannot be soul trapped.
Spell tome[edit | edit source]
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Weight: 1
- Value: 340
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- The spell tome may be purchased from the following Merchants:
- Alternatively, it can be found as random loot throughout Skyrim.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word "Draugr" means revenant in Old Norse.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Revenant (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the Dragonborn casts this spell on a Dragon after killing it, the skeleton will be hurled in the direction they are facing at extreme speeds—this also occurs when using Raise Zombie, Reanimate Corpse, Magelight and other similar spells that cast forward. This occurs because the weight of objects compared to each other are much lighter compared to the Dragonborn, causing the spell to push the "weightless" dragon carcass.
- If the Dragonborn casts this spell repeatedly on a living character, the character will eventually turn to ash. It is unknown why this occurs, but the pile of ash is unsearchable despite the search option on the screen, and will even turn essential characters to ash. Quest markers will still mark the piles of ash, but no interaction is possible.
- Possible explanation to this is that the "dead" characters are still marked as alive by the game. Using repeated reanimate spells on living characters only disposed off their physical bodies but their data is still exist in-game hence why their ashes cannot be interacted. However, their items can still be looted by crouching similar to pickpocket. Items acquired this way counted as stealing.
- Killing unimportant essential characters such as children will not break the game unlike Jarls and most factions' characters.
- If this spell is cast on different bodies in quick succession, bodies in the middle of resurrection animations may freeze and become completely unavailable for interaction, including lacking collision detection.
Appearances[edit | edit source]