Completing his quest will allow Romyln to become a candidate for marriage. Like most other spouses, Romlyn will open a store and share 100 with the Dragonborn each day. If not collected, the gold accumulates.
Indaryn: "Romlyn, I've been meaning to speak to you. I did a count at the meadery and we're four cases short... again."
Romlyn: "What are you saying? You think I had something to do with that?"
Indaryn: "I'm not accusing you of anything. Yet."
Romlyn: "The Dreth family doesn't steal, Indaryn."
Indaryn: "For your sake, I hope you're right. Because if it is you, and Maven finds out, the Dreth family is going to be one member smaller."
Romlyn: "So, what do you think of my plan. You in or out?"
Indaryn: "If you think I'd would make a move like that without asking Maven, you're out of your mind. Doing that would be a fatal mistake."
Romlyn: "Come on, think about it. She'd reward us!"
Indaryn: "If you want to go out to Whiterun and burn that meadery down, go right ahead. And when the guard traces it back here, and Maven is implicated, I'll be sure to tell her it was your idea."
Romlyn: "Have I told you about Valen, my dear?"
Keerava: "I love when you spin that yarn. Gets better every time you add something new."
Romlyn: "He killed six Imperial Guards before they dragged him into the prisons."
Keerava: "Was this before or after the Mythic Dawn attacked the Emperor and Valen single-handedly fought them off? Just shut up and drink, Romlyn."
Niluva: "Do you know what Indaryn told me? He said that if I'm late one more time, he's going to kick me out the door!"
Romlyn: "That swit. One day, he'll regret pushing all of us around!"
Niluva: "What do you mean?"
Romlyn: "All I'm saying is Indaryn's going to push too far one day and they're going to push back...hard."
- "I'm selling the best mead in town for cheap. Interested?"
- "I'm selling Black-Briar mead for cheap."
- "No, I'm selling the best mead for cheap, Black-Briar mead!"
- Romlyn carries two different keys: "Romlyn's House Key" and "Key to Romlyn Dreth's House." The first one does not open anything in the game.
- It is possible that Romlyn is related to Taron Dreth, another Dunmer encountered after the quest "Lost to the Ages" is complete. It is also likely that Valen Dreth, a prisoner encountered in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, is Romlyn's ancestor, because Romlyn can be overheard talking about how someone named Valen killed six Imperial guards before being dragged to prison. In addition, he may be related to Madsu Dreth who appears in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. All this suggests that either Dreth is a common Dunmer last name, or the Dreth family has an extensive lineage.
- If he is killed in a random attack (dragons, vampires, etc.) after the Dragonborn has aided him, the Dragonborn may receive a letter of inheritance and 100 .